Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My son.......

those tear drops that shed and pain she bore
to bring me forth unto this earth
and sadness endured so i could joy so more
for never was her love, her love in dearth

even as my little self would tread and fall
that guiding hand kept pushing me on
run she said, "till yours is all!"
oh those days now away and gone

and stern she was when instruction gave
as morals to me she wisely taught
"be polite", "do no wrong behave"
words i seek yet hear not

and days swept by from boy to younger man
the mellow voice of kindness, always beside
in victory or failure an assurance that i can
there was my mother with my every stride


never once expecting never one complaint
epitome of a parent she was to be
her patience so never with taint
my mother my mother, i yearn to see

a father now in self son you i hold
in love and care that you shall live
and to you words my mother told
son to you my life i give!!

1 comment:

Ashok Subramanian P said...

Loved the way you expressed ur feelings...... Ashok here, a friend of Pranitha's, she forwarded me this link......