Sunday, September 9, 2007

A lost life

It was a day of a stormy life
So lonely and emotion filled
That my soul seered in eternal strife
To what of me is worth to build

For it is me a failure I stand
Lost in this place of earth
Alone with none by my hand
I tread with confidence in dearth

So then a question in me did ask
Of what sin was this condemnation?
To be denied the gift of task
And to live in continuous desperation

An answer for I looked in my past
Yet in its white was no crimson red
Alas, those joyous days didn’t last
Now as impaired, I wait to be lead

In me though was a dying flame
A desire to become that lingered deep
Yet nothing now was to my name
And so a desire it remained to keep

Then fear held on to me tight
For my life hung on by a single hook
There was no help in that endless night
Solace in the heavens I look

And so I gazed up and cried,
Father in turmoil forsake me not
A promise you made so abide
Your love oh one I sought

To you then a voice commanded
A world I have carefully made
Never in time shall I leave you
Nor my love ever fade

My son a conqueror you are
Go be, for I am with you
Even in sadness know I am not far
All it takes is an effort to do

Then a suddenly as before all come to silence
But a seed was sown in my aching soul
A seed that would grow in holy guidance
And a seed that would again make me whole

Now as I look back, I realize
It was a long time ago, that day
And a sorrowful cries all it cost
That my life had changed its way
And what I was, was A LIFE I LOST

No comments: