Sunday, September 9, 2007

Victory of hope

The silence of the end looms over plain
Their swords are down and their cause is vain
As dead they are splattered with blood on ground
They fought with valor but victory have not found

The flags lay torn and desecrated in shame
The flags they fought for in their king’s name
On that field they lay just one more
With their souls up at the judgments door

And as blood of friend and enemy together flow
The battle is lost as other trumpets blow
A cause they had now stubbed in to silence
A broken motive to horrendous violence


The old men of their creed search tirelessly
For their sons to take to a grieving family
And as more weep to the setting sun
For it is indeed already done

Then among the still,

On feeblest of voices a cry came out
The battles gone yet crave you shan't rout
My brothers dead but not my hope
Though in pain my sword I grope

The winds are calm, the lights is dimming
Legions of the north, your doom is nearing
By the sword of my father, here lay
I swear revenge in blood this day

Victory is mine I dare to declare
Even as pain of death in me I bare
My vision fades, my senses gone
And I die this end of day
Yet a victory of hope in me is born

No comments: